|উইকবইয়ের নির্দেশাবলী সম্পর্কিত একটি নথি। এটি একটি গ্রহণযোগ্য আদর্শ, যা সম্পাদকের অনুসরণের চেষ্টা করা উচিত, যদিও তা সাধারণ জ্ঞানে ও ব্যতিক্রমি ক্ষেত্রে সেরা পন্থা অবলম্বনে করা হয়। এই পাতাতে যেকোন স্বতন্ত্র সম্পাদনা জনমতের ভিত্তিতে করা উচিত। কোন সন্দেহ থাকলে, প্রথমে তা আলাপ পাতায় আলোচনা করুন।এই পাতাটি বাংলা|
|This policy has an unstable branch for proposing changes.|
This page attempts to define what Wikibooks is, what it is not, and what distinguishes it from other Wikimedia projects. The descriptions on this page are relatively brief. Detailed discussion or debate should happen on the talk page.
উইকিবই বলতে যা বুঝায়[সম্পাদনা]
সহজভাবে, উইকিবই হলো একটি খোলা বইয়ের সংগ্রহ।
কারণ শব্দ পাঠ্যপুস্তক ব্যাখ্যা জন্য উন্মুক্ত, এই দস্তাবেজটি নির্মল যা ধরনের বিষয়বস্তু উইকিবই জন্য গ্রহণযোগ্য সাহায্য করার জন্য বিদ্যমান। উদাহরণস্বরূপ, শেক্সপীয়ারের সম্পূর্ণ কাজ একটি ইংরেজি সাহিত্য কোর্সে একটি পাঠ্যপুস্তক বিবেচনা করা যেতে পারে, কিন্তু এই ধরনের একটি টেক্সট এই সাইটের জন্য অনুপযুক্ত হবে।
উইকিবইয়ে কি কি অন্তর্ভুক্ত[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is for textbooks, annotated texts, instructional guides, and manuals. These materials can be used in a traditional classroom, an accredited or respected institution, a home-school environment, as part of a Wikiversity course or for self-learning. As a general rule only instructional books are suitable for inclusion. Most types of books, both fiction and non-fiction, are not allowed on Wikibooks, unless they are instructional. The use of literary elements, such as allegory or fables as instructional tools can be permitted in some situations.
Materials which may not be appropriate for Wikibooks should only be removed in accordance with the deletion policy.
Wikibooks includes annotated texts[সম্পাদনা]
Although we do not permit verbatim copies of pre-existing works, we do permit annotated texts, which are a kind of text that includes an original text within it and serves as a guide to reading or studying that text. Annotated editions of previously published source texts may only be written if the source text is compatible with the GFDL license.
As a point of overlap between the two projects, Wikisource also allows the inclusion of annotated texts. If you would like to write an annotated text with sparse annotations, or a critical edition of a text, consider hosting your work on Wikisource instead.
উইকিবই যা নয়[সম্পাদনা]
Below is a list of things that Wikibooks is not. Keeping the list of what this project is not while editing will help us stay on task.
Wikibooks is not a dictionary[সম্পাদনা]
- Wikibooks is not a thesaurus. There is a thesaurus project at Wiktionary:WikiSaurus. Books that only give lists of synonyms or slang can be deleted from Wikibooks.
- Exception: Wikibooks does allow and encourage projects that require supplemental dictionaries or thesauri, such as a glossary. For example, a mathematical textbook might need a glossary of math terms; a foreign language textbook might include an English-to-foreign and foreign-to-English dictionary. For these dictionaries and thesauri to remain, they must be secondary and auxiliary to a main text.
Wikibooks is not a free wiki host or webspace provider[সম্পাদনা]
You may not host your own website, blog, or wiki at Wikibooks. If you are interested in using the wiki technology for a collaborative effort on something else, even if it is just a single page, there are many sites that provide wiki hosting (free or for money). You can also install wiki software on your own server. (See the Wiki Science wikibook for information on doing this.)
Wikibooks pages are not Personal homepages. Wikibookians have their own personal pages, but they are used for information relevant to working on free textbooks and other content on Wikibooks. If you are looking to make a personal webpage unrelated to textbook work (e.g. posting your résumé), please make use of one of the many free homepage providers on the Internet.
Wikibooks is not an encyclopedia[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is a resource for textbooks and other educational material, and is not an encyclopaedia. Therefore:
- Wikibooks modules are not individual encyclopedia-formatted articles. For an encyclopedia, see our sister project Wikipedia.
- Wikibooks is not an in-depth encyclopedia on a specific topic. This is sometimes called a Macropedia. Books generally have a stronger organization that builds knowledge from one module to the next with a suggested chronological order and inter-dependence between book pages. While macropedias are discouraged, it is common for a developing book to import content from Wikipedia or another source, and organize that material in an encyclopedic manner while it is being developed into a proper book.
Wikibooks is not a news service[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is not the place to publish news articles. That is covered by our sister project Wikinews.
Wikibooks is not a place to publish original works[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks hosts educational resources. Wikibooks modules are not:
- original works of fiction or literature — Wikibooks hosts non-fiction texts only. As such we do not allow original works of fiction or literature. Note that such content is welcomed at the Fiction Wikia.
- primary research in any field — Wikibooks is not a place to publish primary research such as proposing theories and solutions, original ideas, defining terms, coining words, et cetera. In short, Wikibooks is not for original research. If you have done primary research on a topic, publish your results in normal peer-reviewed journals, or elsewhere on the web, such as at the Academic Publishing Wiki or Wikiversity.
Wikibooks is not a mirror or a repository for source texts[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is not a repository of public domain source texts, which is the purpose of our sister project Wikisource, but rather for collaboratively developing new open-content texts. Exceptions are made for annotated texts, which are a kind of educational material that includes an original text within it and serves as a guide to reading or studying that text.
Wikibooks is not a soapbox[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is not a soapbox, or a vehicle for propaganda and advertising. Therefore, Wikibooks modules are not:
- propaganda or advocacy of any kind. Wikibooks modules must always adhere to the neutral point of view. You might wish to go to Usenet or start your own blog if you want to convince people of the merits of your favourite views.
- personal essays that state your particular opinions about a topic. Wikibooks is not a vehicle to make personal opinions become part of human knowledge.
- advertising or self-promotion. We don't need books or modules on items just because a contributor is associated with them. Please note that Wikibooks does not endorse any business and it does not set up affiliate programs.
Wikibooks is not paper[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is not paper. Thus, Wikibooks has no size limits, can include links, etc. It also means that the style and length of writing appropriate for paper may not be appropriate here. The authors of a Wikibook module don't worry about an event occurring tomorrow that makes all the large, expensive paper copies outdated, as the Wikibook will change as well.
Wikibooks is not for developing new Wikimedia projects[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is not censored for the protection of minors[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is not censored for the 'protection of minors' (content-rated). First, anyone can edit a module and the results are displayed instantaneously, so we cannot guarantee that a child will see or read nothing their parents may find objectionable. Second, Wikibooks has no organized system for the removal of material that might be thought likely to harm minors. However, modules can be, and are, censored by consensus.
It is important to note that content that would typically be considered offensive is usually a violation of one or more of the previously-mentioned policies or contains copyrighted content which is removed from this project without regards to its social value. Random defacement of pages and adding profanity is usually considered an act of vandalism and removed quickly without any formal community discussion taking place. Unfortunately you might just be viewing some page on Wikibooks immediately after this offensive content was added, and although we try very hard to clean stuff like this up as quickly as we can, we do miss some stuff every once in a while.
As of November 2008, pages can now have "flagged revisions" which can be shown by default for unregistered users which have been validated by users to be stable. These revisions, if used, will often have no vandalism.
Wikibooks is not for video game strategy guides[সম্পাদনা]
Wikibooks is not for video game strategy guides and walk-throughs. Walk-throughs and strategy guides for video games are not acceptable instructional materials, and do not belong on Wikibooks. However, other books about video games, such as scholarly analysis of video games or guides on the design of video games, are allowed here. A better location for writing strategy guides is Strategywiki.
Similar official policies on other projects[সম্পাদনা]
- What Wikinews is
- What Wikinews is not
- What is Wikisource?
- What Wiktionary is not
- What Wikipedia is not
- Wikipedia:Fiction — using Wikipedia, Wikibooks, and Wikisource in concert for comprehensive treatments of works of fiction